Friday, March 07, 2008

Books on Books

How many people dream of being the next big name in fiction, or of writing the Great American Novel?

I'm the first to admit that I'm addicted to books about writing. These books are written to inspire, to teach, and to share (and, lets be honest, to capitalize on the large number of people who imagine what it would be like to see their book at Borders).

Get ready to wear out your library card, because I'm here to share with you a list of my most beloved books on writing. Whether you are looking to improve your grammar, learn about the business side of the process, or just find new information I hope that I will have a resource that you can turn to.

The beauty of books is that they are subjective. Every author has their devotees and their detractors, and neither group is necessarily wrong. So while I may love the books I am going to share here, you might hate them. Speak up!

What is important to you when you pick up a book on writing? What is your favorite? Which did you want to throw at the wall?

No comments: